Compensation for Car Accidents
Our Lawyers Can Help You Maximize Your Claim’s Value
The lawyers at The Dixon Injury Firm are focused on providing the highest level of care to car accident clients. If you have been in a car accident and you’ve suffered injuries, significant damage to your personal property, lost wages, and more, it’s crucial for you to consult an attorney if you want to confidently pursue compensation.
We are available to guide you through your car accident case and make sure that you are well taken care of during this time. Car accidents tend to bring financial losses, steep medical bills, and other unexpected expenses that can be stressful, so if you need any assistance at all, Attorney Christopher R. Dixon and The Dixon Injury Firm can help.
Pursuing Compensation for Your Car Accident
It can be difficult to prove that the other driver is at fault in a car accident. Chris Dixon and our entire team at The Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to providing the highest quality legal advice while fighting head-to-head with insurance companies. Attorney Dixon has been named as a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” and has earned the status of being a Lifetime Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. By choosing our firm, you are choosing a practice that not only cares about you and your case but also has the background and experience needed to make the most of it.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help with My Case?
We have the experience and knowledge necessary to pursue the maximum amount of compensation for your case. The responsible party’s insurance company will likely try and get you to settle for the lowest amount possible for your claim. Let us represent you, and you will be ready to refute any lowball offers, negotiate for more, and possibly take them to court.
When Should I File A Car Accident Claim?
The ideal time to file a car accident claim is right after an accident happens. Understandably, you might not have the opportunity to immediately file a claim, and that is fine. As long as you keep it in your mind and reach out to an attorney as soon as possible, you should be able to get a case started in a good amount of time.
If you have suffered injuries in a car accident that was caused by another driver, then involving a car accident attorney to pursue compensation is even more important than ever. Also, all states require you to file a car accident claim before a statute of limitations expires. In Missouri, the statute of limitations is five years, one of the longest in the country. Do not wait nearly all five years before talking to an attorney, though!
Once your lawyer determines if you are eligible to file a claim, they can:
- Collect substantial evidence to support your claim
- Create your case
- Protect your best interests
- Pursue the most compensation possible
- Negotiate or litigate on your behalf
- Give you a realistic idea of the likely outcome
If you or someone you love has been in a car accident and you are seeking compensation, contact The Dixon Injury Firm today. Our car accident attorneys take the time to get to know each and every one of our clients. We offer FREE consultations to alleviate some of the financial burden.
Missouri Car Accident Statistics
According to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS), in 2017 there were 37,133 deaths from car accidents in the U.S. In the state of Missouri, the leading cause of car accidents was speeding, driving under the influence, and distracted driving. While all car accidents are not preventable, most car accidents are 100% avoidable.
How can you prove that the other driver did something to cause an otherwise avoidable accident?
- Find and use evidence: It is crucial to collect evidence immediately after an accident. Evidence from the crash can show what happened and determine who caused it. A lack of evidence could allow for the other party to blame the accident on you, or for their insurance company to pay you a lower settlement amount.
- Call for emergency help: You must call the police after an accident that causes serious injuries or extensive vehicular and property damage. When paramedics arrive, you should allow them to address your injuries. A police report and medical report are powerful pieces of evidence that can prove that the accident and your injuries were caused by the other driver.
- Talk to bystanders: Speak to witnesses of the accident. While it’s important to call the police when a car accident happens, they may not speak to all witnesses at the scene and get detailed accounts from them that can be useful when seeking compensation for your injuries.
Compensation Could Be Just a Phone Call Away
The Dixon Injury Firm in St. Louis can help you pursue the most compensation possible for your car accident claim. We take every case to heart and act as if we are representing ourselves or a close friend. To be honest, when you hire our team of car accident attorneys, we will want to get to know you and your story, so being a close friend really isn’t too far off. You deserve the most after a crash that wasn’t your fault, and we intend on doing everything we can to make that happen.