Objects Left in Body After Surgery Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
Providing Legal Representation for Injury Victims and Their Families in the Greater St. Louis Area
Objects Left in Body After Surgery. The medical malpractice lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients in Missouri and Illinois navigate complicated post-op injury cases, including instances when objects are left in the body after surgery. On this page, we’re going to discuss the causes and complications that arise in these circumstances.
At the Dixon Injury Firm, we strive to make life easier for our clients. Getting full and fair compensation is our primary goal. When it comes to foreign objects left in the body, which does happen, we want to make sure victims and their families have the financial compensation they deserve.
Feel free to contact Chris Dixon today for more information about our legal services.
Common Objects Left In Bodies After Surgery
Medical Malpractice lawsuits range in scope and scale, but any time an object is left in a patient’s body after surgery there are could be serious consequences. We’ll get to those later, but for now here are the most common objects found in bodies after surgery:
- Suction Tips — Used to syphon blood and other fluids, replacable suction tips can cause complications (as would everything) if they’re accidentally left in the body.
- Needles — Needles used for IVs, sutures, or stitching can create rips and tears in blood vessels and skin.
- Scalpels — Surgical scalpels or other sharp objects can cause obvious damage the body. Given how often all of this equipment is used, a scalpal has a chance to devestate internal organs.
- Clamps and Clips — Used to tie off blood vessels or compress tissues, clamps are used all of the time in surgeries.
- Retractors — Retractors are surgical instruments that hold back edges of organs, wounds, and other tissues that allow medical professionals to perform surgery.
- Sponges — Gauze, sponges, and other materials used to soak up blood or compress wounds can easily be left in the body.
Medical Consequences of Instruments Left in Bodies
There’s a range of complications that can arise if a foreign body is left in a human one. Here are a few of the most common consequences:
It’s important to reach out to an injury lawyer that specializes in medical malpractice if you or a family member has experienced any post-operation maladies. Most likely, any instruments or objects left inside a body after surgery are due to negligence by the surgical team.
Call a St. Louis Medical Malpractice Lawyer Today
At the Dixon Injury Firm, we pride ourselves in helping injury victims and their families. Chris Dixon provides a number of legal services throughout Missouri and Illinois. Types of injury claims he does includes the following:
- Truck Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Traffic Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Dog Bites
- Product Liability
The Dixon Injury Firm is proud to serve the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois, providing skilled legal counsel to victims of medical malpractice and other personal injury cases.