St. Louis Hernia Mesh Lawyers
Our Firm Will Fight for You
Hernia mesh, also commonly referred to as surgical mesh, is a medical device that supports the area around a hernia as it heals. While its purpose is to aid in the healing process, studies have shown that hernia mesh frequently fails—some studies have reported hernia mesh failure in up to one in three instances.
The hernia mesh lawyers at The Dixon Injury Firm understand how devastating it is when a medical procedure fails. We are prepared to fight on your behalf to help you receive the justice and compensation you deserve after developing negative and debilitating side effects from defective hernia mesh.
Defective Hernia Mesh Complications
Hernia mesh complications often arise due to the materials and practices used to create the mesh. Hernia mesh is often made with a type of plastic known as polypropylene, which is also used to make a variety of other products, such as soda bottles, fishing line, plastic chairs, plastic totes, and other types of non-medical products. Why is polypropylene used in so many different products? Because it is incredibly cheap and easy to manufacture but, unfortunately, that also means it doesn’t always remain in its pre-implantation form for long.
Polypropylene products are known to break down far easier than their more expensive counterparts. What is even more alarming is that hernia meshes that are made with this type of plastic are not meant to be permanently implanted.
Here are some of the side effects associated with the use of a hernia mesh:
- Abdominal Pain: Abdominal pain that occurs after a hernia mesh implantation may be a sign of an issue caused by the hernia mesh, such as a bowel obstruction, nerve damage, or an infection.
- Constipation: If implanted incorrectly, hernia mesh can possibly obstruct bowel movements, which can cause severe constipation.
- Diarrhea: If you experience recurring diarrhea after hernia mesh is implanted, the mesh may be attaching to your bowels.
- Autoimmune Disorders: These disorders may arise from the implantation of a hernia mesh.
- Severe Headache: A severe headache can arise from an infection caused by a hernia mesh.
- Renal Failure: Coated hernia meshes can cause renal failure. The coating is absorbable and can place a huge amount of stress on the liver.
- Abnormal Sweating: Usually, this is a sign of an infection or an autoimmune disease. If you have a mesh implanted and are now experiencing abnormal sweating, see a doctor.
- Meshoma: This occurs when the mesh moves from its original placement or becomes altered. The mesh can contract or bunch up and become a hard, tumor-like mass in your body.
- Rashes: If you’re using a C-Qur V-Patch or a Ventralex ST Patch and are now experiencing rashes, this may be a sign of hernia mesh failure.
- Infection: An infected hernia mesh has to be removed immediately. These types of infections can lead to sepsis, which is life-threatening.
- Pain with Sex: When a mesh is used to repair sexual organs and it malfunctions, it can cause considerable pain during sex.
If you or someone you care for is experiencing these side effects after receiving a hernia mesh implantation, it is important that you seek medical attention immediately. When you are ready to seek justice for your injuries because of the failure of the mesh, our St. Louis hernia mesh attorneys are ready and willing to help.
What Should I Do If I’ve Developed Negative Side Effects After Receiving a Hernia Mesh?
If you’ve developed any of the aforementioned side effects or any other complications after receiving a hernia mesh, it is critically important that you receive medical care right away to correct the issues or have the mesh removed. Your health depends on it.
The companies that made these meshes were well aware of the faults in their designs, but pushed the products anyway so that they could make a quick and easy profit off of innocent people. Not only is this negligent, but it is willfully damaging. These companies were more concerned about their bottom line than your health.
Fortunately, our hernia mesh lawsuit attorneys have experience fighting negligent companies and their insurance companies, as well as their legal defense teams, and are prepared to fight on your behalf to help ensure that you get the recovery and compensation that you deserve.
How Can a Lawyer Help My Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Case?
Medical product companies are massive, powerful corporations that can lobby members of Congress on their behalf to get products like hernia mesh approved by the FDA. Taking on these companies by yourself can be a daunting endeavor, but when you have a hernia mesh lawsuit attorney on your team, you have a better chance of a successful outcome.
The laws regarding the production of medical products, the clinical trials that must be used to prove they are effective and safe, and how the products are marketed can be confusing. This is not an accident. These laws are often purposely complex. When pharmaceutical companies and medical product companies write the laws that are supposed to govern products like hernia mesh, they write the laws so that they are protected from most types of lawsuits and so that they can reap as much profit as possible. The average Missourian will not know these laws and won’t be able to effectively use them to fight a hernia mesh lawsuit case at this level. This is why hiring an experienced lawyer is so important.
The attorneys at The Dixon Injury Firm are prepared to take on massive medical corporations and fight for the justice you deserve. We know the laws and statutes surrounding medical product use, federal approval needed for these products, and the tort laws regarding defective and dangerous medical products. Armed with this information, we can bring the manufacturers of the hernia mesh to heel and fight to hold them responsible for placing innocent consumers in harm’s way.
Why Choose The Dixon Injury Firm?
Our attorneys have years of experience litigating defective medical product cases, and we can use the knowledge we’ve built from these cases to successfully combat major medical and pharmaceutical companies. When you choose our hernia mesh lawsuit attorneys, you are choosing a team with a proven success record. To date, we have recovered more than $50 million for our clients .
Most importantly, our attorneys care. We care about our fellow Missourians because when our family members and neighbors are harmed due to the negligent and dangerous acts of pharmaceutical and medical companies, our city and state are harmed too. Our attorneys aggressively pursue hernia mesh cases because our clients deserve nothing less.
Schedule your free initial consultation today by calling us at (314) 208-2808.