Sideswipe Accident Attorneys in St. Louis
When you or someone you love has been the victim of a sideswipe accident, and you’ve suffered severe injuries and have lost work and wages because of those injuries, you need a skilled attorney to protect your interests. Our St. Louis auto accident lawyers at The Dixon Injury Firm can guide you through your car accident claim and see to it that you and your family are provided for during this trying time. Whether you need financial assistance because of loss of work, medical bills, or to pay for the costs of recovery, Christopher R. Dixon and the rest of our team will provide you with experienced and knowledgeable legal guidance.
What Is a Sideswipe Accident?
Sideswipe collisions usually happen in the area of the vehicle known as the “blind spot,” where you cannot see the other vehicle and they may not be able to see you either. These types of accidents usually involve dents in vehicles that can range from minor bumps to major cracks, lost or scraped panels, flat tires, broken windows, and other defects that may affect the use of your vehicle. Resulting injuries may include shoulder damage, neck damage, back problems, concussions, and more.
Causes of Sideswipe Accidents
While driving, the person responsible for the sideswipe accident could have been doing any of the following actions:
- Drunk driving: Drunk driving is a leading cause of many accidents in the US, and a drunk driver can be held liable for their negligent and dangerous behavior.
- Talking on or operating a cell phone: Anything that pulls a driver’s eye off the road is a dangerous and negligent action. When driving, focus only on driving.
- Driving tired and exhausted: Operating any type of heavy machinery (a car) while tired can lead to terrible accidents.
- Changing the radio station: We all have stations that we love, and some that we don’t enjoy, but this action can take your focus off the road and cause you to make bad driving decisions.
- Texting and driving: Young teens love to do it, older drivers think they can do it safely. Both are wrong. Texting and driving is just as deadly as drunk driving. Don’t do it.
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a sideswipe accident because of any of the above-mentioned reasons, or any other reason you believe may have lead to the sideswipe accident, you may have a case for legal compensation and recovery.
How Can The Dixon Injury Firm Help?
During a sideswipe accident case, the responsible party, their lawyers, and the insurance agencies are going to try to get you to settle for as little as possible and attempt to place as much blame as possible on you. This will allow them to settle quickly and against your best interests. That’s why it is so vitally important to let Christopher R. Dixon and The Dixon Injury Firm defend your best interests.
Our STL personal injury accident attorneys have a complete understanding of the most recent Missouri and St. Louis traffic laws and statutes and can use this knowledge to defend you and your loved ones during this trying time. No one should have to suffer from these kinds of accidents, but when it does happen, choosing an experienced and knowledgeable legal team can help. We are here to ensure that you and your family are adequately compensated for your lost time and injuries, and ensure that your financial future and health are protected.
Schedule your free case review with a member of our team by calling us at (314) 208-2808 today.
The Dixon Injury Firm
9666 Olive Blvd #202,
St. Louis, MO 63132
Related Auto Accident Cases:
- Autonomous Vehicle Accidents
- Bad Weather Auto Accidents
- Brake Malfunction Accidents
- Chain-Reaction Car Accident
- Distracted Driving Accident
- Elderly Driver Auto Accident
- Failure to Yield Auto Accident
- Fender Bender Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Hit & Runs
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Rental Car Accidents
- Road Construction Accidents
- Side Impacts
- Texting & Driving
- Tire Blowouts
- Underinsured Motorists
- Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Auto Accidents
- Wrong-Way Crashes