Head-on collision Accident Attorney in STL
A head-on collision happens when two vehicles strike each other head-on while traveling in opposite directions. When a crash like this occurs, the damage to both vehicles can be substantial. This is because the force of the collision is effectively doubled, and concentrated into the heads of the two vehicles. This is how vehicles become sandwiched or smashed during accidents, and these types of collisions produce the most devastating injuries, and often fatalities.
If you or someone you care for has been the victim of a head-on collision, you may be eligible to file a claim that could provide the recovery, compensation, and justice that you deserve for the accident. Retaining an experienced car accident lawyer in St. Louis can be the difference between winning and losing these cases.
What Causes Head-On Collisions?
Unfortunately, there are many different circumstances that could lead to these types of car accidents.
Some of the main causes of these collisions include:
- Drunk driving or impaired driving: When a driver decides to drink behind the wheel or is impaired due to some of type of drug or narcotic, they aren’t operating their vehicles safely.
- Distracted driving, including texting and driving: Texting and driving is incredibly dangerous and in many studies shown to be more dangerous than drunk driving. While a driver is texting and driving, they are actually taking their eyes off the road.
- Passing in no-passing zones: Impatience while driving causes drivers to take unsafe and negligent actions. Rather than wait for the proper opportunity to pass, some negligent drivers will try to speed their way around another driver. This is a dangerous and negligent act.
- Rain, fog, snow, and other forms of severe weather: Bad weather can lead to reduced visibility and can hamper a driver’s ability to react to changing road conditions and oncoming drivers. Heavy rain and fog are especially dangerous because of reduced visibility, and snow can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle.
- Driving down the wrong side of the road: Driving down the wrong side of the road, into oncoming traffic, will result in a head-on collision. When a driver, whether knowingly or negligently drives down the wrong side of the road, they place the lives of other drivers at risk.
Common Injuries Resulting from These Collisions
Head-on collisions are devastating in every way a crash can be. The vehicle is most likely going to be totaled, but the drivers can also sustain serious and often life-threatening injuries. Because of the force involved in a head-on collision, the injuries are usually far more devastating than other types of accidents.
There are several injuries that are commonly found in head-on collisions, such as:
- Broken bones: Because of the incredible force involved in a head-on collision, broken bones are very prevalent in these types of crashes.
- Lacerations: Lacerations from being whipped around the cabin or because of an exploding windshield or other objects can cause terrible cuts, bruises, and lacerations on an accident victim.
- Internal bleeding: Internal bleeding, because of punctured organs or broken bones can lead to internal bleeding that can cause death.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury when a head-on collision happens. The force of two vehicles colliding can cause the drivers to be thrown about the cabin or be twisted violently.
- Concussions: When an object or force strikes someone’s head with enough force, concussions can happen. These types of injuries can have lasting physical and mental effects.
- Brain damage: With enough applied force, severe and lasting damage can be caused to the brain, and during a head-on collision, the amount of force available is enormous.
Committed to Your Needs
If you or someone you care for is suffering from these types of injuries after a collision, you need to retain an experienced St. Louis head-on collision lawyer immediately. At The Dixon Injury Firm, our STL personal injury lawyers have the experience and knowledge to ensure that you and your loved ones are cared for to the full extent of the law.
The Dixon Injury Firm
9666 Olive Blvd #202,
St. Louis, MO 63132
Related Auto Accident Practice Areas:
- Autonomous Vehicle Accidents
- Bad Weather Auto Accidents
- Brake Malfunction Accidents
- Chain-Reaction Car Accident
- Distracted Driving Accident
- Elderly Driver Auto Accident
- Failure to Yield Auto Accident
- Fender Bender Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Hit & Runs
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Rental Car Accidents
- Road Construction Accidents
- Side Impacts
- Texting & Driving
- Tire Blowouts
- Underinsured Motorists
- Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Auto Accidents
- Wrong-Way Crashes