Wrong-Way Auto Accident Attorney in STL
While wrong-way crashes aren’t a common occurrence, every year, 300 to 400 people are killed in wrong-way car crashes in the U.S. There are many ways that a wrong-way crash can occur, but they generally happen on interstates and highways, and are most likely to happen on weekends between midnight and 5 a.m. Wrong-way crashes are typically severe and cause critical injuries such as head trauma, dashboard injuries, and in more severe accidents, death. If you have suffered injuries in a wrong-way crash and are unsure whether you are eligible to recover compensation for your harm and losses, The St. Louis auto accident lawyers at The Dixon Injury Firm may be able to help.
Common Causes of Wrong-Way Crashes
Between 2004-2009 there were 2,139 people killed in wrong-way crashes in the U.S.
Wrong-way crashes aren’t common, but when they do occur, they typically involve one or more of the following negligent driving behaviors:
- Speeding: 26% of all traffic fatalities involve speeding. Speeding can make it difficult to notice road signs and other drivers around you, increasing the odds of a wrong-way crash occurring
- Driving under the influence: More than 50% of wrong-way crashes involve alcohol-use
- Distracted driving: 3,166 people are killed every year by distracted drivers; one of the most common causes of wrong-way crashes is distracted driving
- Driver fatigue: 6,000 fatal crashes are caused by drowsy driving every year. Driving while fatigued can increase the risk of not noticing wrong-way signs and running into other drivers on the road
What to Do If You Are in a Wrong-Way Crash in Missouri
Wrong-way crashes are generally severe and involve one or more types of negligence. If you are involved in a wrong-way crash, it’s essential not to panic, seek medical attention, gather evidence, and speak with an experienced lawyer about your case; even if you think you can’t afford a lawyer. Most lawyers use contingency plans, which means that you’ll only have to pay for their services if they recover compensation for your case.
A quality attorney has your case’s best interests at heart, has extensive knowledge of your state’s traffic laws, and will do everything in their power to recover the most compensation for your case. After a wrong-way crash, it’s normal to feel lost and not know how to proceed with your case, but an experienced lawyer can offer support and make sure that you are taken care of during this trying time.
Recoverable Damages for a St. Louis Wrong-Way Crash Claim
If you have a valid wrong-way crash claim, much like other types of car accident claims, you could be eligible to recover economic and non-economic damages for your harm and losses.
Typically, the most common types of recoverable damages include:
- Medical expenses
- Emotional, mental, and physical distress
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Loss of affection
It can be challenging to determine what damages you are eligible to recover for a wrong-way crash, but help from an experienced St. Louis wrong-way crash lawyer can make all the difference.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you or someone you love has been injured in a wrong-way crash, you need a lawyer to represent your case. At The Dixon Injury Firm, we can offer valuable support during this trying time and make sure that you have everything you need to file a compelling claim for your wrong-way crash.
Our personal injury attorneys in St. Louis are committed to fighting for the most compensation for injury victims and their family members. To date, we have recovered more than $35,000,000.00 in settlements for our clients. When you choose The Dixon Injury Firm to represent your wrong-way crash case, you can rest assured knowing that everything possible is being done to recover the most compensation for your case.
Get started by scheduling your free case review when you contact our firm.
The Dixon Injury Firm
9666 Olive Blvd #202,
St. Louis, MO 63132
Related Auto Accident Cases:
- Autonomous Vehicle Accidents
- Bad Weather Auto Accidents
- Brake Malfunction Accidents
- Chain-Reaction Car Accident
- Distracted Driving Accident
- Elderly Driver Auto Accident
- Failure to Yield Auto Accident
- Fender Bender Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Hit & Runs
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Rental Car Accidents
- Road Construction Accidents
- Side Impacts
- Texting & Driving
- Tire Blowouts
- Underinsured Motorists
- Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Auto Accidents
- Wrong-Way Crashes